Monday, February 8, 2010

TRAGEDY......... close............

UPDATE: After post mortem from our staff in Singapore. The PSA crane driver dropped our container from 5 storeys high, 20 tonnes of goods, free fall to the ground, creating holes in the ground in the process.
-
I got this picture from my manager in Singapore this morning on my email, followed by the msn messages:
-
"bad news"
"container fell down, dropped by PSA, emailed you to see the damage"
-
My heart dropped, stopped.
-
I had been very proud that after 6 months of utter hard work, I have managed my first full container import. I shared my joy with many people as it was a milestone complete earlier than I could have expected, but this? Of my 5 years of work experience, importing and exporting containers in the process, I have not seen anything worse. For this to happen at PSA is really disappointing.
-
BUT.
-
The manager in Singapore was so stunned himself that he forgot to tell me that it wasn't my container. It was a container sent on the same day as mine to the port, but going to Africa.
-
THANK GOD.
-
It's peak season here in Thailand. This is my only container for this month because of the CNY break. Losing this container would be losing my business for my best month of the year (like Orchard losing December), and for a small startup like mine, it would equate to possibly a unprofitable year.
-
It is still a tragedy, and PSA should not be forgiven because my company (not my branch) is still immensely affected by this disaster, but for me, my life goes on, and it's a reminder that I should not take anything for granted, because shit happens when u least expect it. PHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever comments you have, please feel free to write them here! I appreciate receiving feedback of your feelings after reading my blog and I promise I will respond to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...