Monday, October 4, 2010

The Stranger's first experience of a Cosplay Extravaganza

Sorry my dear niece, a lot of blogging ideas welled up in my mind today after some mental block, so you can only be at the limelight of my blog for a couple of days. It's been too long since I talked about something interesting in Bangkok, I shall do it now before my audience start knocking my door requesting me to change my blog title!

After giving a raving review of Paradise Park, I think I should do Seacon Square some justice. Seacon Square is the mall that has served me well over the past year, being only a short walking distance away from my dwelling. Also, it is currently the 2nd largest mall in Bangkok after CentralWorld (with the burnt-down-but-reopened fame). To give Seacon Square some credit, it's been going strong amidst the immense challenge from Paradise Park just 200m down the road, and over the past months, it has organised event after event in its huge foyer to keep customers interested.


One week, a mall is transformed into a bird park.



Before we know it, it's become an ancient Thai market


This week, it got even more exciting!


COSPLAY FESTA!!

To be honest, I do not have any idea what Cosplay is all about. I only know that there will be people dressing up like Japanese comic book characters and people queueing up to take pictures of them, so I just grabbed my G10 and strutted over to take a look. After walking around experiencing the whole Cosplay excitement, I am proud to say that my theories about Cosplay is largely accurate, however, there were a few revelations:


  1. There's an obsession with green hair, what's about green hair anyway? There are so many other colours around!
  2. The ladies who were into Cosplay were all young, but not exactly the prettiest.
  3. 90% of the dressed-up girls wore braces, what's with the teeth of Thai ladies, all too crooked or are they all so vain and rich? Anyway, I wore braces before too, =).
  4. Lastly, despite owning one of the best digital cameras around, I seriously felt like a beggar just now. It doesn't feel good when someone 15 years younger than you is taking pictures using a camera with lenses the length of a bazooka while you are snapping away with the BEST DIGITAL CAMERA IN THE MARKET.
Proof of how small my G10 felt, I was almost embarrassed to take pictures.


Ok, I think I should get to the things you are interested in and show you some pictures. I have arranged a montage as well as 2 of my favourites:








Well, I have more. I took some pictures of the cutest looking character and I wouldn't keep them from all my dear readers.



I had a good time. I hope Seacon Square hosts the next Cosplay Festa as well, in the meantime, I will look forward to the up-and-coming National Cheerleading Competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever comments you have, please feel free to write them here! I appreciate receiving feedback of your feelings after reading my blog and I promise I will respond to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...