Thursday, January 22, 2015

Poems by a Hands-on Dad Part 1

Poems by a Hands-on Dad
(Who's read one too many children's books)


There was one
Now there's two
Our house has become a zoo
Full of screams and pee and poo
I love it, you should too

***

Did you ever think
How on earth to catch a wink
Or go out with friends for a drink
All day long you're on the brink
Like your ship's gonna sink
And your head's turning pink
If you still can't get a link
Then you should have some kids, I think

***

"Daddy, I can hear you snore!"
I only just slept and you want more?
Sleeping has become a chore
On the bed, sofa or the floor
On the floor?
Yes! Near the toilet door
Just have a kid or four
You don't get to sleep no more

***

Inspired by Dr Seuss and his classic "One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatever comments you have, please feel free to write them here! I appreciate receiving feedback of your feelings after reading my blog and I promise I will respond to your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...